Monday, August 14, 2006

Testing.................... hello?

I've decided to bring you all here to read my opinions on fashion, yes even in my small city. I will talk about what I think is hot, what the professionals say, and what I see.

I'd like to start out with fall 2006. I must admit I can't wait to get into muted greens and other earth colours, pile on the layers and wear jeans outside of air conditioned malls. However I will take advantage of the last few weeks of good weather in september by embracing dresses, skirts, short pants (aka capris) and sandals!

My fashion bible (almost) Teen Vogue has excited me with the newest edition, september 2006. Wow that thing is huge! It reminds me of that really really big issue of Vogue they were talking about like a year ago. Any ways, for the first time ever (for me) they have repeated the A-Z of fashion usually found in the spring issue. Very useful, and fun. Also for once I like the D.I.Y., it's simple and maybe that's why I like it. Plus there are so many adds (I would bet half the magazine is adds) for eye candy (especialls the new adds for the Juicy Couture and Vera Wang scents[must note Juicy Couture and Vera Wang have not collaborated, if it reads like that]) that I can't wait to see what everyone is wearing in spetember. Partially to laugh and criticize (yes I'm cruel, but only to myself, and possibly here) and partially to see what has caught on.

I do believe that over here in North America, we are at least a year behind in fashion. That can be useful if you remember trends from last year or held onto an item bought last year but never really used because it wasn't popular. Fashion is an interesting world, and I hope this blog will help me keep track of everything.

~That's the Skinny

No comments: